Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Horses, Horses, Horses...

Horses are such a big part of our ranch. In this photo this is one of Alex's room mates loving on the horses.
These horses are up on the hill because they are not used as much. These are my sons and with him doing school and working he decided to let the horses graze on the hill ground property.
This is two incredible horses. Ghost is the white one and is about seven or eight years old. He is the friendliest and loves to have his face and nose rubbed. Leo is the light colored one and is just 3 or 4 years old.
Horses are always around with the cattle when they are run in the same pastures.
This is one of my brother's work horses. He is a belgium.
His is my brother's son riding one of the ranch horses tending the gate while cattle are moved from one field to another.
This is the animal on our ranch that is always herding the horses, bugging them and just making sure every animal is where it is supposed to be. Our faithful Rooster.
Spring time grooming. My Brother trimming up the bridle path on Paloma so it will be easier for the bridle to go on and stay on.
My son examining Leo. This horse got injured this spring and we have spent all summer long doctoring him. When I have to do it I put on my four wheeler helmet so he doesn't reach out and kick me with his foot that is hurt. I'm sure I am quite a sight.
I have always loved having the horses around and them being a part of our lives on the ranch. Next year when I am finally able to get back on a horse it will probably be this white one Ghost. He is the gentlest, surest footed, and oldest one that we have. I am really looking forward to that great fun next summer.

No comments: