Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Morning Step Thought
This morning I was sitting out on my front steps (pictured above) and looking out into the harbor smelling the fresh air, listening to the sounds of our little area come to life. Many thoughts were running through my head. But the main thought that kept coming to me was..
HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR...


A man who appreciates thinking about things that are important in this life.

A man who loves the same things I do and enjoys doing them. (not sure how much Alex was enjoying this ride though)
Who looks handsome in his work clothes

A man who loves the Norwegian people and loves to be a part of people's lives through visiting, listening and helping.
A man who loves my father dearly and loves just being with him, laughing with him, sharing ideas with him, sitting quietly and enjoying the simple things that life has to offer with them.
I am grateful for a son who has the love of horses like I do. (although it is getting to the stage now of where he knows way more than I do about them)

A son who has chosen an honorable profession that of being a cowboy and that he works so hard at it.
That he always has a rope in his hand.

That he is courageous enough to try new things and works at being good at them.
A beautiful daughter.(who I might add is a great gate opener!!)
For a daughter that will open a new door and broaden her horizons with a smile on her face.

A daughter who is funny and will tease her brother and love her dog. (those are Matt's boots and he has been looking for them!)
A daughter who when she smiles the whole room lights up because she truly knows that she is a daughter of God and lives that way.

What a blessed woman I am. Of course there are so many more things that I am grateful for but this blog is getting really long this morning so I will save those other things for another day!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am grateful for you and your family! Thanks for sharing Alex with us last night. I'd ask you over for breakfast but we are having cereal. See you later!