Monday, May 25, 2009

My Dad...


It is almost that time of the year when we honor our fathers. I know I am a little bit early but I also start to think alot about my Dad as summer time rolls around. Because for the past 8 years this is the time of the year when I am getting ready to go to the ranch and am getting so excited to see my Dad. He and I have always had a very special relationship. But since my Mom died in 1996 he and I have grown closer. We share a very special bond. We can ride around in his truck and not say a word, or we can talk and it is comfortable. I love to hear his stories of when he was a kid and growing up in our valley.
He has always worked hard and continues to do so even at his young age of 29. If I told any of you how old he really was I would be reprimanded. He never like anyone to know how old he is because he really doesn't look at as old as he is!!

I am always amazed at how at home he looks on a horse. No matter which horse he climbs on he quickly has that horse doing exactly what he wants it to do. He always says "you have a real cowboy on you now so you better mind" and they do!!!
This is his stances when he is thinking about something.


My Dad and my husband have a very special relationship. It has developed over the years into a real genuine love for one another.




He is a man who loves his grandchildren and children. He prays for us constantly. Worries about us always. Puts our names into the temple. Talks loving to the grandkids, or talk sternly to make his point to them. Everyone of his grandchildren just love him with all of their hearts. They think his is cool, funny and a great friend. We love you Dad!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great tribute to your dad! I especially love the grin he has on the 4 wheeler! You are a lucky girl!