Sunday, September 27, 2009

A quiet Night at home...

My family has been going so hard lately that we never seem to have time together. So tonight I said enough. I asked my husband and daughter to please plan on staying home. I even skipped out on the Woman's broadcast. I also asked my son but chuckled as I asked him because I knew he already had plans, but I love to see him sputter and trying and be nice about saying no to me wanting a family night!!
Anyway I fixed a mexican dinner of Enchiladas (pictures above)
Bean dip
and the best peach cobbler I have ever tasted. I make my family eat the really weird healthy stuff that I have to eat all week so I take pity on them and go all out for them on the weekends. But keep in mind that I only took a small taste of each of these as my main meal these days is salad. My family ranted and raved about the meal. (Where do you ask did I get these recipes www.pioneerwoman.com.) I have started to use her recipes more and more and not once have I ever been disappointed with the ranting and raving of my family. I also copied her pictures so you could see how good it looks although my pictures don't do it justice!!
Our favorite tradition for family video night is to eat our dinner on TV trays and watch a good movie. Our daughter picked this one for the evening and it was great!! It was a great family video and I would recommend it to anyone.
We started our family video nights many years ago when the kids were little. It was pizza video night, but we are all sick of pizza so we have turned it to mexican night. But more than anything I just love having my family together and spending some quiet, down time.

2 comments:

Katie said...

yummm... sounds so good! what a fun night!

Delcie said...

You just can't go wrong with Mexican night! A little fun, a little spicy, and a little relaxing! Those are the best nights!