Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Day with my Dad...

I love being here on the Ranch with my Dad. This time of year there isn't much actions so we just have time to sit and visit, talk about everything and anything, catch up on everything, eat a lot of food. BUT my favorite thing is to just be with him. Above he has loaded some hay to feed the horses. I am the official gate opener!!
We drove down to check on the cow and saw a coyote in the field.
My brother has a baby colt and is he a cutie!! More on him later. But I had to show him in the blog because of course he had to be feed and watered.
My Dad just amazes me at how much he enjoys getting out and working.
We feed the cows.
My Dad didn't want to bother with hooking up the big tractor so he just hooked up the four wheeler onto the wagon. What would we ever do without the four wheelers around the ranch.

We also put out mice poison, raked some leaves, drove around and check out some cattle that are getting ready to be shipped, and went and visited my mom's grave.
We spotted a bald eagle. This was taken without a telephoto lens so could can see how close we got.
Saw a beautiful buck and his harem of does.

But the best part was just being with my DAD!!!!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

I'm kinda jealous. I want to be with my dad! That looks like so much fun. My brother is a farmer and I used to help out sometimes. I miss it.

Delcie said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you had a great time! I love family time! It's the best time on the planet!!