Monday, November 9, 2009

What I love about FALL...

I love this time of the year. The evening darkness is coming quicker. The home seems cozier. I like to burn cinnamon candles. The lamps shine dimly in the recesses of the house. The leaves are being to change. My most favorite memory of fall is driving the children home from school in Scotland and driving down a very narrow road with trees on both sides. The road looked like a carpet of red and orange leaves. As I would drive through it the leaves would fly everywhere feeling like we were having a shower of leaves. There is a real crispness to the air. The comforters come out to snuggle under at night.
The bushes get trimmed for the final time this summer. The trees seem bare, but you can tell they are anxiously waiting their Christmas light to dress them again.
The summer flowers in the flower beds have died and have been cleaned out. The beds are waiting for the pansies to be put into place to bring them back to life for the winter.
The trees seem like they are on fire. The air has a wood burning scent. BUT the best part is that...

Christmas is just around the corner and guess what I love that season more than FALL!!

5 comments:

larshannon said...

Is your Christmas tree up already? I can't believe it!

Belinda said...

I was gonna ask the same thing...Have you put your tree up already???? It looks great! ohhh I'm getting excited:))

Brimaca said...

Fall! I love fall. And this year the leaves actually changed. Woohoo!

Tricia said...

Fall has become one of my favorite seasons! This year it has been absolutely beautiful here! I think what I love is knowing that summer and the heat that comes with it is many months away!

I dunna ken said...

I loved Aberdeen in the Fall!! Your comments reminded me of it. I'm enjoying the a nice and hot "summer" here. Hey, did you get my email?