Friday, October 17, 2008

An Evening Drive

One of my Loves
When I am here in the Valley with my family one of the most favorite things that I love to do it take a drive with my Dad. We love to just get in the pickup and drive around and look at different things. I love the things that he points out to me and the stories that he shares. Over the years I have learned many things about the valley and about my Dad.
We were coming along a dirt road just as it was starting to get evening. The sun was just setting and across the road came several deer. They were coming down out of the mountain to graze for the evening in this farmer's field. There were several in the field. Then my Dad said "look across the road" and here is what we saw.



There were about 14-16 total counting them on both sides of the road. Dad and I both agreed that that made the whole evening. We were glad to have been right there at that time.

No comments: