Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Roundup Day


During the fall, the cattle start to come off of their summer range. They have a sense of knowing when winter is in the air. There always seems to be some of the cattle that want to stay up in the mountains. That is where we cowboys and cowgirls come into play. We ride and ride looking for the strays that don't want to come down.
Justin is getting ready by putting on his chinck.

Justin is a true cowboy at heart. He came over to the ranch (I might mention that his skipped school on Friday to come be with us.) He is a great cowboy and I am sure glad we had his help.

This is Dan my brother and Justin coming up a trail. Notice the snow in the background.

This is to prove that I really did come home for roundup and rode a horse. I rode Susan's horse. My colt hasn't been rode since August. My Dad and husband didn't want me to ride the colt for fear I might get hurt. So I obeyed.
Here is the work crew taking a lunch break. We have had beautiful weather. We have spent about 5 hours riding the first day. Today we rode about 4 hours. My bum is so sore tonight. Thank Heavens we will take the day off tomorrow. But Monday we have to go back out. We are minus 4 bulls.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! I never could quite picture you on a horse and now I can! Way to go girl!