Friday, October 10, 2008

Wandering to Scotland

I decided I wanted to wander to be loved by my Aunt and Uncle so I took a bus

a plane

and a train
It was a great long weekend we saw some beautiful country side




Visited the village of Melrose. We had lunch at a wonderful little restaurant, bought some scarves and just enjoyed the village.
I love these red phone booths. I would love to have one in my yard. As you drive through Scotland they are everywhere and out in the middle of no where.
This is Melrose Abbey. I took the picture because of the country side as the back ground.
This is the original home of Sir Walter Scott. The grounds were beautiful. But the thing I was the most impressed with were his libraries. He had ceiling to floor bookshelves loaded with books. There were two separate libraries. He was truly an amazing and talented man.
One of the things that I am so impressed with about Scotland is that they work so hard to preserve many of the old properties and allow the public to visit them.

This is a great place. Unc and Auntie were just driving on a Saturday and ran across this place. Simple Simon pies. They are a pastry pie with all kinds of wonderful things inside. One day I had a lima bean and brie cheese pie. The next time I had a beef with carrots, potatoes, and onions. These pies are Heavenly!!!! They have set up this bakery in an old steading (converted cowbarn).

My Uncle took this picture at the Braemar Highland Games. It is the perfect picture of a perfect Scotsman. I love this picture also because it shows the older generation and the younger generation together. When ever I hear bagpipes now I get tears in my eyes because of the love that I have for Scotland.

No comments: