Monday, December 22, 2008

We're ready!!

A couple of nights ago we decorated our Christmas tree. It looked naked with out the decorations. I wasn't sure what I would do for decorations this year. We have only spent one Christmas at the ranch before and so I didn't have any decorations. My step mother offered up my Mom's decorations which were many little wooden toy ornaments. Grandpa and Grandma came over for dinner, our daughter played silent night on the piano, and then we did our usually family tradition... We each put and ornament on the tree and as we did we told of something that we were grateful for. Then one of the angel ornaments was put on the top of the tree.
I wrapped the staircase with greenery and light and you can see just the corner of the stockings at the top of the picture. We don't have a fireplace so the ledge in the kitchen had to do. Everyone's comment when the walk in the door is how is Santa going to fill those stockings when they are that high up.
This is the front entry table. I was going to buy some really tall candles, but a wonderful lady at the store suggest hurricane lamps. That way we can use them for emergencies if we needed to. They now have a orderless, smokeless oil that you can burn in them. It gave us a really country look.
Wreath that will greet you at the front door.
No lights on the house yet maybe an elf will come tomorrow and do something special for me?!?!

2 comments:

Hild Family said...

Your decorations look great! We hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Julie said...

YEAH!!! I love your decorations and I'm glad you are getting settled. Your tree is darling and the hurricane lamps were a great idea! Take some pics of the outside of the house (and the inside). Give me a tour so I can "see" and visualize next time you talk about it. We miss you, my friend, and wish you a God Jul from here in Norway!