Friday, February 27, 2009

Friendship Amish Bread

Our real Estate agent kept bringing us this wonderful bread called Friendship Amish Bread. The kids loved it. Actually we all loved it. So I decided to search the net and find a recipe. There were many out there so we tried one batch and the kids said it didn't taste like Mrs Pat's so I got her to give me hers. So you mix this stuff for 10 days and then on the the 10th day you make up the bread. So today is the making day. It tells you to save a cup, give 2 cups away and then make up the bread with what is left. Well my family loves it so much that I just make up everything except the one cup and give some of the loaves away because it makes 7 large loaves and 2 small ones.
This is the line up of pans. I have sprayed them and coated them with sugar and cinnamon.

I actually set out four different bowls and just did all it at once.
You mix the wet ingredients first and then then add the dry ones.
Then you add all kinds of fun things to the batter. Alex picked out Reeses peanutbutter cups for this batch. We added vanilla pudding to this one. Notice the pile of egg shells each batch calls for 3 eggs.
Chocolate pudding to these two with miniature chocolate chips.
Vanilla pudding with this one and fresh blue berries.

Tomorrow I will post the finished product and give you the recipe.


1 comment:

Julie said...

I love that stuff too! But it's SUCH A PAIN to make. You are a patient woman. Where are the pictures of the new house? I want to see them!