Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last Night...

I have had the stomach flu for a couple days so the frig is bare. Yesterday after school I told Alex we needed to stop at the store and pick up a few things. She did the hand gesture she does of yes (Hand is in fist and she extends it forward hip height and pulls it back towards her hip and shouts yes) it thought it odd because she has always hated going to the grocery store with me.

Well she grabbed the cart and we started along. I look back and she is bouncing on her toes and moving her head side to side. I thought OK. Then we finally move away from the produce section into the aisles and she starts to do some hand gestures and shake her head even more. Then someone came into the aisle and she was dead still. Then as soon as they left she starts back with this body movement stuff. I am thinking what has happened to her today.

As we moved deeper into the store and the aisle are empty she is full out dancing as she is pushing the cart. I am just enjoying watching her. A side of her I haven't experienced before at the grocery store at least. Well finally as she is dancing her way up the aisles and pushing the cart she says "I just love coming grocery shopping" I nearly faint. It used to be pulling teeth to get her to come. Then the truth comes out as she says "Mom don't you just love the music they play at the grocery stores here it make me just want to dance, I just love coming to the grocery store to hear the music" They she dances away from me to go and get her dill pickles.

3 comments:

Hild Family said...

She is so full of life! I just love Alex. I hope Haylie grows up to be like her.

The Batemans said...

I love that girl!

Julie said...

I love to watch her dance too! She and Joseph made Ballianden for me last year. It won't be the same without them.