Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am thankful for...

This week as we have heard of a young friend diagnosed with colon cancer, and another family of friends who just lost their 18 year old son to unusual circumstances, another friend whose father has grown very ill at a very young age and needs a lung transplant. I have paused this afternoon to count my many blessings. Sometimes our struggles seem hard, but we only have to look at our neighbor to then thank our Heavenly Father for the trials he has sent our way.
I am touched as I talk to and watch these families go through their trials.
I am also touched by their faith to know that there is a bigger plan and that they just have to be faithful and all will be well.
So today I am thankful for so many things one of which is the example my friends are to me in my life.

2 comments:

larshannon said...

You know what? I'm thankful for you. Lots of love!

Delcie said...

It's so true how we can look at the struggles of others and be so thankful for the struggles we have. The example that our friends are during their trials, make us want to be better, during our own. Great insight, Shauna! Thank you.