Sunday, August 9, 2009

A watermelon bust...

What is this...? a dinosaur egg, a giant pickle, a torpedo or what...
My friend and I hit a farmer's market this morning at 7:30 am. A farmer had three giant and I mean giant watermelons.
I knew we had a ward BBQ tonight. I had signed up for a salad. So my friend said you should just take this.
My husband thinks it weighed about 100 pounds...Check out those muscles, no not his arms those calves. He has the best calves ever... it is from all of the biking all of these years!!
Did I mention that I only paid $10.00 for this thing!!
We took it to the party and it was a hit. Everyone loved the watermelon. We just kept cutting and cutting. By the end of the party there was only a small cake pan left!! It was a swimming party and BBQ. The kids would hop out of the pool and eat a piece of melon then hop back in!!

3 comments:

larshannon said...

It was the biggest watermelon I have ever seen! My kids loved it. Thanks.

Becka said...

HOLY SMOKES! That is the biggest watermelon ever! I'm sure it tasted amazing. Miss you guys. I'm coming to visit... sometime... :D

Delcie said...

Wow! You got a great deal! Only $10!! You fed a ward with that baby! Thanks for sharing!