Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sometimes you go through your day and it seem ordinary and then you have those few glimpes of moments when you go AHHA I get it and the feeling that you have inside is amazing. I had two of those moments these past couple of days. One was with my daughter and the other was with someone who I have seen but never had a chance to get to know.
I was supposed to pick Alex up from school so that we could go to the church for her to practice piano. I waited at the school and thought she must have forgotten. Being a little upset I started back home. Just as I came down the street the bus had pulled over so I pulled onto our road and waited for her to come down the sidewalk. What I saw brought tears to my eyes and really humbled me for my selfishness. There was Alex helping a young girl with crutches get off the bus, picking up her backpack and helping her down the street. It brought tears to my eyes as I watched her handle this young girl in such a Christlike manner. It was an AHHA she really gets what life is about and helping others.
My second moment was when a lady approached me about looking at my home. She is having to move from hers and had heard that ours would be up for rent. For the few moments that we chatted I thought I like how I feel when I am around her. Her family came into our home that evening to have a look at our home and we found we had many things in common. The next day at the jumble sale (that is a garage sale here only it was held at the school) I noticed her family putting up a sign saying that all their proceeds were going to a group in Uganda. I ventured over and asked her about it. I could tell as she told me about it how touched she was by her experience there. Then we shared a couple of more really tender moments about some other things. I left her with tears in my eyes and she had tears in hers. I thought why hadn't I got to know her earlier. In her email to me yesterday she said the same thing and said that God has a plan. The AHHA moment was it always amazes me that it only takes a brief moment for someone to come into your life and you feel changes in yourself because of that person and what they stand for. I want to share with you the Uganda video that this group of three woman put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNEyEM32POk

(Ok I am not smart enough to tie you directly into this so you will have to cut and past but please DO IT)

Alex and I( Icried while I watched it) watched it together and decided that we are going to go with this group of ladies next spring. It instilled in us a desire to reach out and to help to make a difference in someone's life. After watching it I thought I know why this person really touched me. She is trying her hardest to be so Christlike and to reach out to those in need. May we all reflect on those AHHA moments and what we are doing to reach out and be more charitable in our lives.

No comments: