Friday, November 14, 2008

We Interrupt the Reguarly Scheduled Holiday...


To bring you a morning with my Seminary students.
This morning was a great morning. It was a scripture mastery morning(a morning where they study specific scriptures)
We played chase games where they had to match the clues to the reference.
Then I had them take a break and they had to all hop on one foot, rub their tummy, and pat their head while I counted to ten!! That was great entertainment for me!!!!!
I was going to take more pictures but was having too much fun with them.

I am just amazed each morning four days a week(at 6:30 am), as I walk into that church building that there are 17 kids from age 14-18 there and ready to have a gospel discussion. Never complaining. They want to be there because they like what happens and how they feel after. What a blessing it has been in my life to be able to be a part of this whole thing. This is the first time ever in our area. I have felt privileged to be apart of the history being made.

Putting the primary room back together after our fun morning.
Every Friday morning one of the student's parents fixed breakfast for the kids. Today was our day and since I was teaching Steve took over the duty. We had Cheesy eggs (eggs with chunks of ham and cheese scrambled), and pumpkin muffins that I actually made into a cake shape and cut into squares. This was the first morning that a parent had set up tables and the kids loved it. They just sat and chatted!!

I sure love these kids.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awesome! The tables were a great idea. I'm glad we have room for them now. Andrew is jealous. Any leftovers?