Friday, November 21, 2008

Winter has Arrived

Remember how beautiful it was this spring out my kitchen window!! The apple tree was blooming, the sea was turning the beautiful blue it does as the algae starts to grow, the birds were singing, I could have my kitchen window open with wonderful fresh air coming in...


(No this picture was not taken in black and white this is right out of the camera!!)
Well it is winter now and guess what... I still love looking out my kitchen window. The air is much fresher, the only sound I hear is the wind blowing and...
The snow plow
Norway's version of a snowplow. There are a few snow plows but mostly heavy equipment like backhoes and tractor with scoops on the front do the work. They even plow the sidewalks because they are used so much by walkers and bikers here.





Remember that beautiful lettuce field from a posting a couple of months ago. Well here it is now!! I added the picture below to remind you!!

Today I went to visit a friend. (Another posting on another day!) she lives out on an island. Right by the school at 11:15 was a group of children out with their sleds sledding down the hill into the school yard. They all had their snow suits on and were having a ball.
We will have to enjoy it because it will only last for a couple of days and then we will be back to the rain!!! That I don't like!!!

1 comment:

The Batemans said...

Shauna,
How fun that you have a blog! I love keeping in touch this way. Hopefully we will see you at Christmas!