Friday, March 6, 2009

Any Suggestions...

Today I hit some Estate Sales. That is where a family is selling everything. You can find some good stuff but also a lot of junk. Today I found these 3 chairs. They are a solid maple and in pretty darn good shape. But the question is do I just polish them up a little and try to get rid of some of the scratches, do I totally strip and refinish them or do I paint them a totally different color. Like maybe Red or Black?
These are the few scratches on the lower chair.



On the bar stool chairs you can see that the arms are worn a bit, but other than that there isn't really much wear and tear!!

So you redoers out there (especially Julie and Rebekka) what should I do with theses chairs. Oil them up, strip them, or repaint them another color?

2 comments:

Mark & Valerie said...

If you are worried about the scratches, the Dean Brown solution would be to take them out into the middle of the backyard, pour about gallon of kerosene on them, then throw a lighted match on them. No more scratch problem!

I dunna ken said...

Estate sales can be so fun especially if you find something you like. One thing I love about buying used stuff is that it already is scratched and I have no worries about me or the kids scratching it! And it adds character.
Sure do miss you!