Sunday, March 1, 2009

A teaching/fun afternoon...

I have always loved to cross stitch. Alex has finally expressed some interest in doing so. (Thanks to some trips to Hobby Lobby (one of the advantages of being back in America!!)) So we picked up this cute book a few days ago. Then I popped back to get the supplies. We decided we would work it together each doing our own piece!! (Alex is much faster than I am!!)
There are several patterns for each season. We decided that we would start with this one to give us plenty of time to get it done before Thanksgiving.
Alex's own thread box.


Trying to thread the needle!!

Successfully working. We worked for about an hour and just listened to music and visited with each other and then she had to run off babysitting!! I just love doing projects with her. Actually come to think of it I just love being with her and the friendship that we share.

2 comments:

2 Lazy 2 Grandma said...

Hey Alex and Shauna, I'm glad you are having such a good time cross stitching together. Looks like a fun project.

Julie said...

I always thought crossstiching looked fun until I tried it. It takes WAY too long for me! I'm glad you have something fun to work on. Good luck!