Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Fun day or two or three


a few days ago I came across a blogsite through pioneer women's blog. Here is the blogsite http://bakerella.blogspot.com
She made some really cute cupcake pops. So Alex and I decided to give it a go. It was a lot of fun!! Go to her blog spot for the complete recipe, but here are the cute pictures from Alex hard at work!! You start out with a red velvet cake. Some of our pictures are out of sequence!!

She is crumbling the cake and mixing it with frosting.
Now she is shaping it with a cookie cutter after the cake mixture has been in the freezer.
She has already dipped the bottoms and now she is dipping the tops.
This is the top candy mix being melted in a makeshift double boiler.
Cake pops in the freezer helping the chocolate bottoms to set up.
Yummy licking the the chocolate from the fingers.
Putting the sticks into the cake.
The finished product. See I told you these pictures were out of order!! Sorry!!!
After having dipped the tops of the cakes this is the sprinkle stage.
Now the M&M stage. The final finishing touch.
Sticking it in styrofoam to set up.
It has been so fun watching her make them. They really are quick and easy. You just have to have a couple of days for the cooling time or else a freezer that is bigger than a rental home small side by side freezer!! The best part was watching her brother eat these goodies. I lost track of how many he really did eat!!

Here is the site that will take you straight to her cupcake pop page!!
Have fun and enjoy!!
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/04/make-your-cupcakes-pop.html

4 comments:

I dunna ken said...

Yummy Alex! I could almost taste them the pictures are so vivid.
I enjoy your blog so much. I laugh and cry and count you amoungst my blessings.
The wii was the first electronic game our family has ever bought.
Gwen beats me at bowling, Jay creams me on the tennis court! Needless to say I don't play it very much.

Julie said...

A.dorable! Claire would LOVE those. We'll have to try them.

Anonymous said...

{sydnee} Hey Sister Whiteside :] We miss you guys so dang much!! Hey I was wondering if Alex has a blog and if she does then could I have the address please?? Hope things are going well in Texas but by the looks of it I would say that they are :] Love ya guys!!

My mom says hi too :P

Unknown said...

Those are so cute. Thanks for sharing with us. I am going to have to try them