Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today is a very special day...


BECAUSE TODAY IS MY AUNTIE'S BIRTHDAY
Today I want to dedicate my blog to a very special woman. She is my Aunt Adell. It is her birthday today. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTIE!!
Words that describe her... loving, kind, full of life, good listener, ever helpful, always there when you need her, sees the positiveness of life always, doesn't sweat the small stuff, funny laugh, big heart, gives really sound good advise, fun to be around. These are just a few words that describe her but for me the words that describe her the best are ... she always makes me feel like I am her daughter, and I know how deeply she loves and cares for me. When ever I think of her love for me tears immediately come to my eyes and my heart swells with such love for her.
She and my Uncle have come and spent time with us over the years and it is such a great time to be with them. They are adventuresome and will go anywhere and try anything. They pitch in and love to be a part of your lives and help you in any way they can. They are always there for us through thick and thin. They are always the calming voice and the anchor in the storm of life and the adventures that it brings.

I am grateful to be considered one of her own. She was my Mom's very best friend and now it is such an honor to call her my best friend. I think the thing that stands out in my mind the most about my Aunt is that she is constantly rendering service to everyone rather through a loving email, card, pep talk, prayers, providing a shoulder to cry on, doing dinner for a small group or a big crowd, noticing who needs just a little extra love, a hug, or a smile she is ever mindful and so willing to give.
Everyone who associates with her is blessed by that association. You always walk away a better person just having been with her.
I LOVE YOU AUNTIE AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

A great tribute to a great woman. Hope I get to meet her someday.

Unknown said...

I could not agree with you more. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mother, but I am also grateful to have you as such a wonderful sister. I LOVE you!