Friday, March 6, 2009

What I miss...

Steve and I have gotten in the routine of taking a walk every evening. This is something that we loved to do in Norway. The first evening we ventured out and there was a street light right at the end of our sidewalk. But then as we looked down the street it was another block before there was another light. Never the less we started out on our walk in the dark. We quickly decided that we definitely were not in Norway. There was no street lights and few sidewalks. But we solved the problem. We carried a flashlight the next evening. Today I decided to walk on my own earlier (about 4:30pm) boy was it hot!!! Rooster and I both came home after 45 minutes of walking we both came home and gulped the water.
SO what have I learned...
1. If walking at night carry a flashlight (but it is nice and cool)
2. Don't walk before 4:30 pm (or if you do wear some shorts)
3. Take a water bottle with you.
WHAT I MISS...
1. The cool weather of Norway
2. The lighted sidewalks
3. The island by our home where Rooster could just run wild as I hiked up and down the little hills.
BUT WHAT I AM GRATEFUL FOR...
The health to just get out and be able to walk for 30-45 minutes each day.
AND THE SUNSHINE no matter what day of the week it is, or no matter the time of day!!!!!

1 comment:

I dunna ken said...

Hey girl, I hear you! I have to run around my compound 8 times to get 3 miles. When I want to run farther I get up as earlier as I can stand so people don't see me run around 20 times! (I know the gaurds think I nuts) I sure do miss that glorious Dee railroad line! But the great thing is about here I never have to worry about being cold.