Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A great day...

Today was a great day. It started out with the sun shining and it promising to be a warm day. I got a wild hair and talked my Dad and Susan into going for a great lunch and drive. In reverse order Ill share my day...We stopped at where we used to have our hunting camp when I was a kid and teenager. I may share more pictures later. But this is my dad looking out in the woods for an old camp stove that they used to cook all of our meals on in the cook tent. The first time it got taken up it was decided it was to heavy to keep hauling up there so they used to hide it out in the trees and each year would dig it out and use it. Many years ago it disappear. But today we looked just in case. Didn't find it.
We saw about 25 head of deer. But this one was special. This mother had just had this baby. The fawn could hardly walk, but knew where to find the milk from mom.

This was a view today of the river, forest, and snow capped mountains.
My Dad and Susan for a scenic picture.
A field of wild sunflowers.
My Dad spraying thistle on a piece of ground he had just worked up with the tractor a few days ago.
Another scenic view with my dad and Rooster. Today was such a great day. But the 2nd best part about today was remembering how much fun my family used to have exploring, hunting, and camping in this area. The BEST part about today was the stories my Dad told about the sheep he used to herd in this area, the dudes he used to take out hunting, how people got some of the land through poker games, how the old timers used to trap and mine, and how different canyons and areas got their names. WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

That's how I feel when I go to the Beaver mountains with my grandpa.