Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Its Spring flower time...

It is that time of year when the fields fill with these yellow flowers. They look so beautiful. Then they turn to a ball of white. As a kid I used to gather them up and blow all of the contents into the wind. I thought it was great fun. Now I am breaking out the chemicals to kill all of these beautiful flowers that are growing in my lawn. Age changes our perspective sometimes!!

When I was a child I would venture out into the field to pick these very special flowers. My Grandmother called them Rooster heads. I would pick a handful and bring them back to my Mom. They were her favorite spring time flower. I am not even sure if they are called Rooster heads for real, but that is what they have always been to me.
Rooster got really tired running behind the four wheelers today. He decided to lay down and take a break in a field of flowers and sage brush.
A close up of Rooster heads. They only bloom for a short time. You usually find them in meadows.
More Rooster heads and the beautiful yellow pest.
Not sure what these are called they are a beautiful purple flower that also grows wild this time of year.
On days like today I am just in awe of a loving Heavenly Father who gave us so much beauty to enjoy.

1 comment:

I dunna ken said...

Yip, you live in a portion of Heaven! Gorgeous. I have loved looking through your summer. Oh dear, I fear it has just made me homesick for you! Dang it.