Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One Year Anniversary...


Today was one year anniversary since my horse riding accident and brain jury. It was wonderful to have such an awesome feeling that I had made it through one year of struggles, blessings, hard times, great times, seeing my kids really grow up fast, and having many good friends and family who stepped up to being a part of me getting better.
SO TODAY I DID SOME THINGS to make it a fun, great day...
Above is Steve setting waiting for our special picnic. We went on a great drive up one of my most favorite canyons and had a picnic. I bought chicken strips, potato salad, crab salad, baked beans, salt and vinegar chips and celery with cream cheese. We had a feast!!!

I have this great little airstrip I love to visit, it is in the middle of an hay field. The guy has a strip that he and his friends use of a landing strip. Tonight he was mowing it. There was a small plane doing some touch and goes and then he landed his plane. Someday it would be my dream to get my license and have my own little plane.
You can see what a little plane it was.
Then we saw this entry to a big house. This was on one of his gates. It was great because one of our mottoes for our family has been soar like an eagle. It was a great reminder for me today because with help from many and my Heavenly Father I have soared like an eagle this year.
Today I saw this baby colt getting some milk from his mom. It reminded me of how great it is to a mom and the two awesome kids I have and how they have loved, helped, coached and taken care of me this year.
Then of course on my anniversary I have to be very thankful for the man who has done so many things for me this year. He has loved, taken care of me, oversaw my recovery and taken time to just help me. Then there is my Rooster. He has been my constant companion this past year. He has protected me, stayed with me during painful nights, licked my tears when I was crying, got between me and others if he didn't know them, and walked by my side for many hours.

SO YOU SEE I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED! TODAY IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE THAT I WAS GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE AT LIVING A REALLY GREAT LIFE!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! We miss your smiling face here in Midland!!!

Delcie said...

Shauna, you are such an inspiring soul. I love your insights and appreciation for the wonderful life you have. You're so excellent! I love you!

larshannon said...

We are so very happy that you are celebrating your one year anniversary. My kids all still pray for you at every prayer.

Brimaca said...

We are so happy you are still around. I don't know what I'd do without you.