Friday, June 10, 2011

Is it really summer!!

Spring time at the ranch. I have been here for a month and a half. It has rained, snowed, and hailed. There has only been a couple of days in the 60s. Mainly it has been in the low 40. The old timers are saying they have never seem such crazy weather.
Some beautiful low clouds this morning. After our snow storm yesterday.

Rooster loves being outside in the sun, rain, or snow. But what he really loves is just being on the ranch working cows, riding in the tractor with his Uncle Dan, going for drives to the check the flooding, and riding on the back of my four wheeler.
This time of the year these mountains usually have just a little bit of snow left on them. But the snow was so deep this year and the sun can't seem to find it way through the clouds. So the deep snow just keeps hanging on.
This is my step nephew, he is part of the fencing crew. Look at this snow drift.
I am usually riding my four wheeler along this ridge and dropping down off into the trees, it may be a while before I can make this run!!

My friend in Midland probably think I have deserted them, but I am here at my ranch resting, spending time with my dad, and my brother, having my kids come sometimes for week ends. I just taking in the scenery and the view!!

No comments: