Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Thanksgiving day...



My family gathered around our kitchen table for thanksgiving dinner. My kids and husband, my niece and husband, my brother and his wife. The biggest thing that all of us have to be thankful for today is that Loraine my brother's wife is with us being a part of all of our lives.
My niece and husband that was married this summer. He has received the name Harry Potter because he now has a scar on his forehead after a truck incident and with those glasses Alex just renamed him Harry Potter



After dinner it was relaxing and playing game time. There is Harry with Rooster keeping watch.
Matt examining his snowboard, Dan and Candice in a fierce checker game with Alex, Loraine and Brayden keeping watch.
Another fierce Chinese checker game going on. We really had to watch Steve and John they kept trying to jumping crazy ways. We decided they were really trying to cheat!! Not sure if Loraine is chuckling because we were catching her cheating or if she just thought the whole thing was crazy and funny.
Dessert Time!!
Matt tried to keep the whole pumpkin pie to himself, but Candice wouldn't let him. Others did get a small piece. There was 1/2 a pie left and this morning when I got up there wasn't any pumpkin pie left, only an empty pie dish. Wonder who the pie thief was in the night.
Dessert was pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, homemade ice cream, whip cream,. But the grande prize was a chocolate chip cake shipping all the was from New Jersey from John's mom. Dinner was delayed because ham and Turkey took longer to bake. But all turn out great.
What I was was most thankful for was to have my small family and extended family gathered around me on this very special day. I have many many things to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

i'm glad you had such a great thanksgiving!