Monday, November 21, 2011

What I love about coming to the ranch...

Is Its Christmas Village Time!!
Is we get the other house ready for Christmas before we leave so that when I come home my home is beautifully decorated and ready for Christmas.
Here is my daughter putting together the Christmas village. She and her friend have put the village together for the past couple of years. My husband started collecting the village for me years ago. But this past summer at an Estate sale we were able to pick up eight more houses to complete our village.
Little bits and pieces.
More bits and pieces. This picture of Christ has a very special meaning for us. You can see the young boy looking over Christ's shoulder that is actually a young man who served a mission in Norway. He ate at our table many times, spent Christmas with us and was one of our favorites. He is in this picture because his Dad painted it. His father is Del Parson. The missionary had his father sign it and he gave it to us to thank us for all the times we feed him.
Another picture of my daughter setting up the village.
My daughter and husband sprinkling snow through out the village now that is it set up.
I just love this time of the year.





1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I LOVE that painting! How neat!