Wednesday, June 13, 2012

fun stuff...

 This past weekend I went to California for my cousin's son wedding.  More on that to come.  But I saw this really neat flower while we were waiting for everyone to come for lunch.  I was intrigued by this flower.  The bright colors and then these precious little white flowers in the middle.
 This is a tree that Matt planted in the yard yesterday.  He bought it and gave it to Steve for father's day.  It is called a Japanese Maple.  He put a fence around it to Rooster couldn't decide that it was his treasure and water it.
 Matt built me an awesome garden raised garden.  I  planted it this afternoon.  I am so excited.  I planted about 60 onions sets.  My Dad loves green onions to eat especially if they are fresh from the garden.
 You can't see it but I planted 6 rows of lettuce.  All a different kind.  I eat salads all the time, so I thought this would be fun and healthy.
 I also planted several rows of green peas.  When I was a child my grandmother had rows and rows of peas.  It was a blast for us kids to go to her house and raid her garden.  All those years and she never complained. When the peas were ready to harvest she would make us cream potatoes and peas.  Yum it was always one of our favorites.
Another picture of Steve's tree.

No comments: