Saturday, June 23, 2012

My morning 4 wheeler ride and more...

 This morning I decided instead of walking  my miles today I would go for a 4 wheeler ride.  It was a beautiful morning.  So I loaded up my trusty companion and off we went.
 This is a big mesh of webs actually it is a Cocoon.  Inside are a million caterpillars.  You see them everywhere in the trees and bushes.
 This guys was eating some grass right by the creek.  I immediately shut off my 4 wheeler but he started to run away anyway.  I just love to watch these deer.  Their big brown eyes just almost look into your soul.  Sometimes I wondering if they are just asking you to let them just be.
 This is my dad he just had open heart surgery about 7 weeks ago.  He is truly a miracle in his recovery.  He is such an inspiration to me.  He is 82 years old and is out and about enjoying every minute of having a revamped heart.
 This is my brother just leaving in his cattle truck.  He is headed out to haul someone's cattle.  
 This year the pine trees have a huge amount of pinecones. They are the little brown things that you see on the top of the trees. This pictures doesn't do it justice.
My nephew was changing pipe and Rooster loves him.  He saw him and started running through the field to see him.
This was the best surprise of the day but you can barely see my surprise.  I ran across a mother elk with her baby.  But as soon as she saw me she started moving quickly into the trees.  At times like these I really wish I had a high powered zoom lens.  It was just such a great day.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a morning!!