Monday, June 11, 2012

Old Dance Hall...

 Up in the mountains in my home town is a beautiful lake.  It takes about 45 minutes to get up into it. One Sunday I decided to go for a drive and snap some photos.
 Here is the lake.  I remember coming up past this lake for girls camp many years ago.  The thing I remember the most about girls camp was they made a wood structure and put tons of ice cream in it.  They then added all kinds of toppings.  We would eat an ice cream and then move onto another spot.
 This is a part of the lake where there used to be a sawmill many many years ago.  They used to float the logs down the lake to the sawmill.
 This part of the lake had a dance hall.  I remember my grandfather telling me about going up the canyon to do a lot of dancing.   Part of the dance floor I think extended out over the lake.

You can still see some of the wood in the lake that used to be a part of  I not sure what...the dance hall, the sawmill or a pier. 

What a fun and glorious place.  My dad also told me stories about a friend who used to go hunting up in those high mountains and one year he could get his buck out and had to come get my dad for help.

No comments: