Monday, June 25, 2012

snowmobile sink

 This is the thing that cause the"where is the ski to the snowmobile" issue.  It is a creek that used to run shallow and nicely but a couple of years ago it decided to re channel itself and so the story begins...
 We went to the ranch for my 50th birthday and we rode snowmobiles.  My brother and his wife are in the top picture and my handsome husband is in this one. You can see how beautiful the valley is in the winter.  I sure don't think I'll live there in the winter.  But I really do love the summers.
 Well my brother passed over the creek several time and then decided it was safe to cross.  But something happened as he started across for the last time.
" I think the snowmobile ski dropped into the creek.  You're kidding no way are you sure?  Yeah I can hear the creek running under the snow.  No way"!!
 Let's see if I can dig it out of the creek enough to pull it out. Ok Ill stand here and supervise you!!!
 Wife see if you can turn the handles.  Ok maynard pull up and put your sit behind the desk muscle into it or we won't get the ski out.
 Maynard what are you doing.  I didn't say to fall down on the job.  Man my boot, thigh and leg dropped off to now where.  What is going on. Come on help me get out of here before I get wet.
Come on strong ranch boy pull me out.  I am starting to get wet.  Who cares about the snowmobile I am going to catch cold.
 Pull me I'm and old man and need some help.
 Wow I wish we could see the hole.  I'd like to know how deep that is?  It felt like I was sinking to China.
Wow this the the picture after the snow melted. No wonder he felt like he was sinking to china!!

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I love to read our posts. We love and miss you. I hope we someday make it to the same oil town again.