Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Newest Family Member


No this isn't the newest member of our family. This is the sexy yard man that shows up every Saturday and does my yard work. He just feels so powerful with this tool in his hand. I told him he could start to cut all the neighbor's kids hair and make extra money.
I can tell he is in deep thought about if he trimmed the bushes to match or if he was going to have to trim one a little bit more.
He is such a handsome yard man.
Ok Ok enough of the mushy stuff. Why is the yard man in this blog anyway? Well the yard man found something special for his daughter in our yard. He came into the house holding something behind his back. (for a second I thought he had a snake since it was behind his back, but I knew he wouldn't do that to me since the last time he showed me only a snake skin he got slapped across the face and the wife started to scream we are talking a scream that could raise the dead from their graves, so that thought only lasted a second!! I knew he would be foolish enought to try that again.)

So we want to introduce to the newest member of our family

Everyone say hello to pet turtle (our daughter named him)
He is a little and I mean little snapping turtle. My husband found him in our side yard.
The people who owned our home before had a whole herd of turtles. (Do you refer to them as a herd?? ) Well anyway she had about 10-14 turtles. We have taken 3 that we have found over to her that were older. Apparently this was one of her babies. The lady at petsmart told us she thinks it is a she and that she is only about 2 months old.
We have set her up with a home in our home. Rooster is a little jealous of the attention she gets but he will get over it. Stay tuned for the post showing the 5 star hotel that our daughter set up for PET TURTLE. (Maybe we should have a pet turtle name contest. I would sure hate for her to get a complex because she doesn't have a more personalized name. After all we were told they could live for 30 y ears. ) 30 YEARS!! what in the heck will I do with this thing when our daughter goes to University!!

No comments: