Monday, June 8, 2009

Pre Girls Camp...

For camp all of the girls had to sew their own PJs. So one quiet day my daughter set out to complete the project. (this is the finished project, I posted it first so you would get the whole picture.)
She looks so intent!!
I love watching my kids hands when they are creating things. It makes me very very blessed as a mother that they are so willing to work on their talents.
This is such a fun little machine. It has now sewn clothes in Illinois, Wyoming, Texas, Scotland, Norway and back to Texas. It is definitely a well traveled sewing machine.
Those beautiful hands again!!
My daughter was so tickled with the PJs. It was a great project for her to work on her sewing skills. Next up on the list is a skirt. That is on our list for this week!! Stay tuned for that project.
As I am writing this blog I wish you could hear what I am hearing. Alex is in our living room playing some of the most beautiful church music. She has to play in church next Sunday so she is trying to decide on which song she would really like. Her music feels our home with such beauty, peace and contentment.

3 comments:

larshannon said...

I got to talk with Alex for a few minutes at church today. No wonder you love her so much. She is an incredible young woman.

2 Lazy 2 Grandma said...

That's a good looking pair of pjs Alex made for girls camp. I'm glad she is learning to sew. The skill will be very useful throughout her life. Such a talented grand daughter in music and many ways!

Julie said...

Sounds like a great camp! We miss Alex and all her talent and her smile! Great job Alex!