Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Paying it forward...


Many years ago I have a very dear friend who would swoop in and take my son once in a while for a couple of hours. They would go on an adventure and he would return happy, and full of stories of the adventure they had been on. I was so grateful to her for loving me enough to know when I needed some time. But I will eternally be grateful to her for the way she loved my son. He always knew that his Sannie loved him with all of her heart and that he was very special to her and that in her eyes he was tops. I always have hope that at some time I could pay that forward and find a little someone to take on adventures and to help him to know how important he is. I am so grateful to now have that chance.

THIS IS MY BEST LITTLE BUDDY...
We ventured off to McDonald's and had lunch and he would wave to me from the top of the play ground.
Then we ventured out to water the horses. He really really liked this guy who we
call Stormy.
Then he played ball with Rooster. I am not sure who had the most fun, Rooster or my little buddy.

Let me describe my little buddy to you. He has angel kisses on his nose, he has blue eyes, his favorite color is green, he only allows good, funny boys in his room (he told my son today that he could come in his room because he thinks my son is funny), he wasn't sure of dogs until he meet Rooster, he has another brother and three sisters. He has lazer eyes because he is so smart. He likes being two super heroes at once. His favorite super hero is batman because he likes batman's car and motorcycle. He is so smart he put himself in time out when he made his brother cry. But the best part is he loves me more that out into outer space. I am one lucky person to have such a good friend.


Hey little buddy thanks for such a great day.
His mother is one of the kindest, most patient woman I have ever meet. This little guy is one of 5 children. The oldest 7 and the youngest a few months old. But the think I love about her the most is she always has a smile on her face. But more than that she has such a light that is always shinning through her eyes.
I am so grateful to be able to know this little family and to be able to pay it forward after all of these years.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE this! She is a lucky woman to know you and so is that darling little guy. What a fun day! Bet it didn't cost you $20 for a Happy Meal either! :)

larshannon said...

Thank you so much for being his best girl! And thank you for the gems of wisdom you give me.